Welcome to the Teaching Through Problem-Solving (TTP) online course. Teaching Through Problem-Solving is an approach to mathematics teaching that allows students to build mathematical reasoning and habits of mind as they learn each topic in the mathematics curriculum.
What Will I Learn in this Course?
In this course, you will:
- Examine Teaching Through Problem-Solving: its purpose, how it supports students to learn mathematics, and how to use it in your classroom
- Examine a TTP mathematics lesson, through video and materials from an experienced practitioner
- Plan a topic from your own curriculum using the TTP approach
Each session may include:
- a preview of the session’s learning goals
- session content via videos, readings, and other interactive material
- questions or other tasks to help you reflect on your learning