Develop Your Practice
To develop your own practice as a final commentator, we suggest the following:
- choose a topic and grade level from the list below
- download and review the unit/lesson plan and write down some key ideas to support the focus of your observation when you watch the lesson
- watch the classroom clip/s from the lesson and take notes
- use your notes and consider any key issues you want to highlight as you prepare your final comments and write a brief presentation plan, then
- watch the final comments provided for the lesson you selected and compare these comments with your own thinking, noting how you might add to or revise your reflections.